PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2021, 01:08
DHC8 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turnleft080
In hindsight.
Going back to good old hindsight, right back, if the whole world (The whole planet) did a Victorian style lockdown even tougher i.e.
7.8 billion people stay at home, zero movements in planes/trains/buses/trams/cars/ships, a total shutdown of all industries not for 14 take it to 30 days.
That would make a good movie "The day the earth stood still". Sorry month.

However, the virus would of been suppressed and eliminated as Australia has done in every municipality. If that was done say a year ago, the second half of last
year would be virus free and the world today would be like 2019 covid free. How would this been implemented?
The WHO would of sent an APB to every government/state government. After all its the worlds governments that fund the WHO.
Drastic yes, could LA, NY, London shut down just like Melbourne. Well in hindsight they should have. Extreme short term pain
for long term gain.

Someone really stuffed up in hindsight. Next time a new virus is discovered like this then the WHO must act immediately and I mean immediately, not
ponder and monitor the situation in Wuhan which was about 3 months of procrastination. In hindsight the WHO should of advised
the Wuhan government to place a 30km ring of steal no one goes out, no one comes in. Then the virus would of been
suppressed and eliminated within the 30km radius. I wonder if we will learn from this.
Given that new or mutant viruses emerge continuously, following your proposal, we would have to lock the world down forever! Whilst I agree that a more assertive approach by the WHO may have alleviated much of the pain and suffering we have endured from Covid19, I don't believe that a worldwide lockdown would be either desireable or feasible.