PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline job opening for foreign nationals in canada
Old 27th Jan 2021, 20:19
JV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys and girls,

I am going to echo the same sentiment as others; now is not the time to hope for a job in Canada. Any job.

I am retired from big jet charter and large regional airlines, but still kept busy working, just to get out of the house, with professional skydiving outfits operating Twin Otters and Caravans, and medevac with king airs. That was pre covid only a few months ago

To give you an idea of what is going on here, one guy who was dropping skydivers on a very casual basis just for the fun of it but was just about to go from right seat to left seat in a big jet is now flying the twin Otter full time since he has lost his job. Another, who just got on with a regional carrier, is now back full time dropping skydivers. Both have no idea if they will be called back or not. I am out, and understandably so, they need a job more than I do. We all get along quite well.

At the other place, new entrants in the industry are doing ground jobs with the promise of getting a copilot job in small planes, it's not happening.

So come and get your training, however the chances of getting a flying job in Canada are near zero. Your chances of getting a job in your home country are probably higher after you finish your training.

Sadly, I think it will be this way for many years. Carriers are expecting to ''get back to normal'' around 2022 to 2023, and that is highly optimistic, it is going to be more like 2024-2025 to my mind.