PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - much of world reopening in March 2021
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2021, 09:52
barryt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dr dre
Huh? I just posted a link written by an Oxford medical Professor and an African Health Science expert. What gravitas do you, mere Pprune poster, have to dismiss their article as "not holding much water"?
If you're going to insist those people are either idiots or liars better provide some properly sourced FACTS of your own. Can you post a link please that in some way backs up your claim of "Somebody...is telling pork pies...all over the place...that much, has become patently obvious."?
This is precisely what I have mentioned before...in terms of "medical professionals".

Oxford medical professor? Who cares? Does this now make him the world's expert on COVID and the number of deaths in Africa, merely because he carries the title "professor"?

Must be a rather sh_t one, either way, because he never answered my questions properly, and backed it up with scientifically proven fact, not once, in that article...just sayin'

Dismiss their article? Standby and watch my friend...

Now I need facts?

No actually, I don't, beyond what is obvious to anybody - all I have asked is 2 fundamental questions, based on very obvious facts to anybody who barely has to "look",... to establish their veracity:

FACT 1 : Its been nearly a FULL YEAR now, that Africa and its population has been exposed to the virus
FACT 2 : African populations generally live in squalor and on top of each other - with little-to-no appreciation of medical science, nor care-a-less, irrespective of age - a veritable breeding ground for the virus, under the circumstances
FACT 3 : The African population has not been decimated, as would normally have been expected to have happen, having ignored all the "medical science" largely, 50% or otherwise, (or at the very least, at lot more dead, than currently, after a full year), if we are to believe "professors", "government ministers" and other (apparent) "gurus" in the medical fraternity
FACT 4 : African populations remain largely in tact, after a full year, in contradiction to all the "facts" espoused by "professors" and whoever else who claim to be "gurus" - the facts on the ground, do not bear witness to their BS, sadly for them, your professor included, including (basically speaking), that "we're all gonna DIE ASAP, if we fail to wear masks, don't stop touching the groceries on the shelves in the stores, and if we don't stop hugging each other"

So yes, somebody is telling pork pies, for sure, including your professor - perhaps he should have chosen a different university - the University of Common Sense, for example? Not sure.