PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - much of world reopening in March 2021
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2021, 07:58
barryt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Momoe
barryt,

You could choose to believe "everything we have been told by medical scientists and our governments, then they SHOULD BE HALF DEAD"

Which is fine except, there are contradictions within the establishment, fake news if you wish.

You could also add India into the mix, 1.38 billion people, the majority living in (very) crowded cities but with a death rate roughly a seventh of South Africa's, go figure, damned if it makes sense to me.

Average death rate for Covid varies from Yemen with 29% down to 0.0%, this is case rate not per 100,000; so even in the worst case scenario a long way from your half, live long and prosper but beware of self-fulfilling prophets.
No "fake news" here. I am basing my questions around what the world has been "fed" from mainstream media outlets...such as Sky News...CNN...Fox News etc etc...although we all know we should not trust any of them, including the various medical professionals they interview and so on...

And yet, the world believes everything coming out of the TV and from the mouths of government ministers on the same news channels...nothing "fake" about that...

And nobody seems to challenge any of them with (say) my 2 fundamental questions, so we can get some proper answers. Backed up by scientific fact, as to why, Africa is not half-dead yet, after a full year of virus exposure in the most promotional of circumstances, for the virus to spread...

Same goes for India, and I'm glad you mentioned that. The "story" is the same, and my 2 initial fundamental questions apply equally I think to India, as they do to Africa.

All things being equal, both populations should, (in theory at least), if we are to believe everything we have been told about how dangerous the virus is, be half dead already...or, at the very least, a lot more dead, than they are currently, after 1 year now.

But they are not.

Which is what is leaving the "smoking gun" questions, really.

It seems there is an argument toward "well Africa does not have many old people, most of the population is young and resilient, therefore hardly any of them are dieing"...(and I read the quoted article btw in an earlier post)

3 problems with that :
1.The media, governments around the world, medical scientists are currently contradicting that theory vehemently right now, wherever they can, live TV, wherever...and would have us believe otherwise, and are currently shouting the mantra "We are ALL susceptible! Regardless of age...lookey here at this young baby...just 2 months old...got COVID"...[as they hold up the baby to the camera]...leaving us with the distinct impression with their solemn tone of words that said baby will likely be dead within next 48 hours.

2. Does India also have a relatively low percentage of the "older generation"? Do they also only have mostly young people living in India, compared to older people, just like what is being claimed about Africa? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

3. If it is true that age IS the main factor why half of Africa isn't dead yet...then why are we shutting down the whole world's population, stopping kids from going to school and so on? Why not just protect the aged and quarantine them only, in lock downs and so on? After all, we now (apparently) have the "proof" from Africa's track-record after one year, that really, it is only the aged which are at risk. (Maybe because the aged are the ones holding most of the purse strings and influence in most countries...and we can't discriminate against them only now, can we, so better shut the whole bloody lot down? (Just asking - another dumb theory perhaps)

And let's face it, the aged have always been more vulnerable, anyway, to anything and everything, including straight-up plan-old-vanilla pneumonia...pre COVID, so what really changed in terms of all that, when COVID came along? Of course, nowadays just about any aged person who dies, from whatever cause...well...they died from COVID, obviously.

Pathetic in the extreme (try and find the figures in your country of how many aged died from anything other than COVID or natural causes, and good luck with THAT, because it seems nobody cares about the true causes anymore...its all just "COVID")

You're damned right it doesn't make sense.

Somebody...is telling pork pies...all over the place...that much, has become patently obvious.

In the beginning of the pandemic, I was happy to "buy into" everything we have been told, mask up, lock down, etc, because hell, I really didn't know any better and had no choice really...better not to take risks, at that stage.

But now, after nearly a full YEAR of the virus everywhere, its become more and more obvious to me each day...that somebody has been telling massive pork pies all along...and Im not even an expert...I just have 2 simple questions I want answered, and, where one would
typically expect the medical professionals or governments to easily answer said questions...they simply never do, and just skirt around the issue...like they are tremendously "unpopular" or "difficult" questions to answer....which doesn't help, and the questions will remain
until proper answers are forthcoming, failing which, any reasonable thinking person must concur that:

Somebody, has been telling massive pork pies, for nearly a year now...and we may as well all take our masks off.

Last edited by barryt; 27th Jan 2021 at 08:21.