PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 26th Jan 2021, 23:27
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Evidence - Written

Glen do you have any written communication from CASA regarding their awareness of and approval of APTA?

The letter you posted regarding Carmody is in fact an email from you, not Carmody, in which you alleged you received good service and support for APTA.

I’m sorry, but this is not evidence because anyone can write their own emails and a lack of response from CASA cannot be taken as consent or approval for anything.

There is an old Indian/British public service axiom: “The file must talk”. If you do not have written evidence in the form of communication from CASA backing each of your allegations then you are wasting your time.

It is no good you producing your correspondence without written responses from CASA. If you have been responding to verbal demands from CASA and you didn’t get them in writing (all of them, in detail, not just vague threats) you are SOL.

Also ALWAYS start any letter or email with the sentence: “ I refer to our previous telephone/Email/ correspondence on this subject and perhaps the date of the latest letter if relevant.. What that does is ensure the other party cannot claim ignorance or misunderstanding because by default that includes ALL previous discussion between the parties in your deliberations.

‘’Please accept my apology if this is not news to you. I hope for your sake there is a better paper trail than the current one because without it you will be dismissed as a fantasising malcontent by the authorities or at worst for CASA, they may have accidentally misled you due to the inaction of some low level, now retired, public servant.

Carmody can simply say he doesn’t know what you are talking about.