PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Jan 2021, 12:12
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sunji

I get you, and I respect that. I have friends who are in the same situation as you and I understand that it is tough. It’s the “at least the job is there” situation, they will use that for the foreseeable future, the idea that they offer job security.

However, at what cost? There’s zero mental health support and I have met many who left their business battered emotionally, because of how they were treated. I met many captains who hated the job but couldn’t leave, FO’s who lost their passion because the joy was taken away from them. Every day It was a matter of asking around the whatsapp group to see if you were going to fly with someone decent or not etc, rushed 25mins turnarounds so no “traveling” whatsoever, watching the cabin crew come and go as they couldn’t cope...

The attrition rates were always high for a reason, they can keep recruiting for a reason, because it is not for everyone and those that stay end up miserable. Those who leave, most of the time won’t regret their decision.
What people don’t say about this outfit, is that if it was that good, people wouldn’t leave and there wouldn’t be such a large cadet recruitment campaigns year round. It heavily outweighs their expansion, always did.
What I say to you, I say to my friends who are in the same situation, you WILL find a job eventually and you won’t look back!

Last edited by Raph737; 26th Jan 2021 at 12:23.