PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Jan 2021, 11:31
Contact Approach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fact of the matter remains, the world is closed, everyone is grounded and companies are struggling. If you are prepared to risk 30K now to join a contractor hold pool then that's up to you. Best case: you get some hours in 2022 as a contractor for one of the RYR companies. Worst case: you spend 30K and are back to square one but with far fewer hours than your qualified counter parts when it comes to the next real job.

But let's not lose perspective. Most of you invested 80K+ to enter an industry with the promise of lucrative salaries and professional accreditation... this path won't even allow you to get a mortgage let alone support a family. You will be undervalued and overlooked. In comparison I work for an airline that pays me a modest salary plus allowances, pays for my medicals, loss of licence and health insurance, contributes to my pension, provides free food whilst on duty, gives me allowances to eat during night stops, pays for my uniform, parking and security passes, I benefit from staff travel and other discounts but most of all I have union representatives that work hard to protect my working rights.

I appreciate the majority of you considering this currently are fairly young and inexperienced but you need to start helping yourselves! Your parents money will eventually run dry and you'll soon have to support yourselves. You need to start asking: What are Ryanair offering me and how am I going to survive!?

Last edited by Contact Approach; 26th Jan 2021 at 12:45.