PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 26th Jan 2021, 10:54
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheels_down
Virgin and QF can manage the older NGs by swapping out with others if they go AOG. They have room in the schedule when these things happen, most of the time. Which in turn maintains some form of customer reliability. Rex, like Tiger won’t have that ability. Which is why Tiger Management decided to move away from the old NGs and stick to conversions 10 years and younger.

How long can these NGs go on for? Boeing reckons 25 years until they will start looking at converting to freighters. They are on the home stretch right now. Looking at engineering papers, these early 00 builds, I think another 5 years is all they have left.
I really don't understand what you're on about regards conversions - means nothing in context of the discussion.

You're saying Tiger Management EVER had the opportunity to cherry pick the VA737 fleet and logically take from the newest builds decreasing - yeah, nah. Take what you're given, shut up and be grateful more the reality.
Rex are leasing, not buying, the NG's in a depressed market, if they have 5 years left of "good life" fine, if the domestic situation isn't sorted out within 3 years max I'd be amazed, reckon 18-24 months a more realistic - and generous - sorting timeframe.