PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2021, 10:28
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Variable Load
Has any UK TRE managed to obtain an "EASA" TRE certificate?
Hi VL, I have been issued a TRE certificate from my new host EASA state based on the SOLI Transfer of my UK-EASA Issued ATPL(H) and TRE Certificate. It was very straight forward and facilitated by the CAA Form 155 that was issued. The 155 is the document that passes between EASA States to verify the qualifications and authorisation held in the first state. My understanding now is, as the deadline has passed, such transfers are no longer possible.
As it stand, it would appear that UK TREs are in a worst position than we were under the JAR rules where we had to complete State Briefings to certify fellow JAR State licences. As a "Third Country" we have been demoted to Pond Life. Such a shame for all the hard work and dedication those TREs have put in previously. Lorry Drivers have come off better.
Like I said, it was not the intent of the CAA. They simply wanted mutual recognition based on us continuing to follow the EASA rules. My understanding is that due to the morons in the Country and Government who cannot understanding the difference between Sovereignty and Mutual co-operation, we are left in a really poor situation. EASA was a great level playing field and now we are now not allowed to see the match let alone
kick the ball.
Maybe we can all seek solace in eating the Langoustines that are now trapped in the UK and not lavished onto the dining tables of our French Brothers.