PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 26th Jan 2021, 09:01
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sunji

You obviously never seen a contract from a decent airline to make that judgement, as I said before, it’s a contract to get you through the next job, nothing else. Besides that, It’s a terrible contract!

Also, be honest with the kids here my friend. You don’t get “99% hired” after the type rating. Your post type rating contract is a cadet training contract with CAE(new provider now?), that is for your line training. You are a provider of services and you’re not hired until you finish line training.
Once you successfully completed it, then you go into a junior second officer with a one year probation with a basic of circa 21-23K euros + allowances. That’s when you’re hired, never before and until then, it’s a “no sir/yes sir” attitude from your part at all times.
Every step of the way there are obstacles to keep you under their thumb, you should be able to take the crap from management and the fellas next to you, shut up and be grateful, that’s the reality.

Once you go to a proper airline, you realise that having loss of license insurance, life assurance, holiday pay, decent training, respectful crew to fly with that treat you like an adult in a non bullying environment, better equipped aircraft, travel perks, food paid by the airline etc you realise that you were abused at Ryanair and that the salary wasn’t that high(you paid for everything on your pocket).
Be honest, it’s more helpful to them. As far as working environment it was the worse job I ever had, I got more respect working at a bar as a student than flying a jet at that joke of an outfit. However, I agree that they should look after themselves and get that opportunity, but making no mistake that it isn’t the best out there and it shouldn’t be a blue print to pilot jobs.