PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some truth about the ML incident
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2003, 15:38
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Kerans, I don't think a ex RAAF transport pilot carries any more qualification than most others. Some of those guys historically have more than their fair share of incidents/accidents. I also have nearly 15000 hours here and around the world, but I don't believe that gives me any more qualification than your advisors you mentioned. The simple fact remains this new system (NAS) is causing plenty of grief among professionals who operate in this airspace for a living. It's not a weekend hobby or a past time which is a bit of fun. It is the environment in which we earn our livelihood. The relevance of that being that the people who operate in this airspace for a living were by and large totally ignored by the beauracrats who promulgated the changes. This fact on it's own completely nulifies any argument of industry consultation.

Yes things may have needed a bit of tweaking, but to railroad the entire process by stealth without debate or even a hint of constructive criticism is in anyones terms farcical. I stand to be corrected in the fullness of time but I very much doubt that will happen with the current procedures in place.

Last edited by Sperm Bank; 10th Dec 2003 at 17:33.