PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Crew Quarantine
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2021, 02:09
Sam Ting Wong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.newscientist.com/article...t-be-possible/

FDR: This is a scientific study of cases of multiple re-infections in the city of Manaus. In other words: herd immunity did not happen there, apparently the mutation was too different. Your argument does not include this possibility, you are treating herd immunity as a proven effect. It is not.

I am not an expert, I am not saying herd immunity doesn't exist, but it looks like it is uncertain if it can be achieved in the case of Covid. We simply don't know yet.

I believe a lot of people proposing herd immunity in reality see themselves as robust enough to survive an infection. It is a euphemism for saying: let nature decide, the weak and old will die, the rest will live. As I said, it may be our faith anyway, but I suggest to be more honest about it. Herd immunity has not materialized anywhere so far, even in countries with minimal social measures and high infection rates ( e.g. Brazil). On the other hand, so far the countries with strong policies and lockdowns suffered significant less casualties. Again, maybe the number of subsequent victims are higher in the end as with no lockdown, no idea.

Tiredofstupid, self-righteously simplifying a complex problem and insulting everybody around you.. after 4 years of that circus,maybe time to be an adult again?

Last edited by Sam Ting Wong; 26th Jan 2021 at 02:57.