PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - REX to transition to ATRs, start domestic jet ops
Old 25th Jan 2021, 21:14
PoppaJo

Received 295 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally Posted by aviation_enthus
I think the fact Rex can do 90% OTP on a SAAB at least shows they’ll treat OTP seriously on any jet fleet as well. A 737 is just another aircraft, not some special unicorn. So if the culture exists to get high OTP, it shouldn’t matter what aircraft it is.

Tiger was a basket case by the time they’d moved across to any meaningful 737 fleet, so I’m not sure that’s a reasonable comparison.

Rex don’t have “1 or 2 flights a day”. They currently have 9 return flights and I’d expect this will increase later in 2021. So I don’t think they’ll have a huge issue with finding seats for a canceled flight.

Having been there when they set up the QLD ops, I’d imagine Rex are doing the same thing with the 737 ops. “War gaming” various scenarios to work out recovery plans. Again, something that comes from the culture and SOP’s that already exist within the company.
I said remaining flights. After 6pm only 2 flights are scheduled. From Melbourne only 1. When that evening storm passes across the Sydney basin, it’s game over. The others have a few dozen flights to play with.

90% ML-SY is a pipe dream. No Intersection departures or quick regional turnarounds with this machine. Now it’s the 30 min treck down to 34R with the rest of the boys and girls. Join me for the 40 min wait in the queue down at Kilo in Melbourne, no more quick getaways off Golf in between departures and arrivals.

They will need to separate the Regional and Jet OTP as it will be quite misleading advertising this, when the reality is that. Could be a clever way of covering slipping performance in the Jet statistics, especially in Winter.

Last edited by PoppaJo; 25th Jan 2021 at 21:26.