PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pension Annual Allowance... exceeded?!?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2021, 11:57
On3and6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pension Benefit Info Statement and PA

Hello all. I'm a returning 'member' from some time ago (new handle) and have a question for you gurus which I can't find a previous thread on (apologies if that's just my own poor searching ability). So here goes.....

I'm over 4 years into the 5 year RoS for PA (05/15 scheme having transferred from 75-05). My question is as follows:

Does the annual pension Benefit Information Statement under 'The amount of EDP (from age 40 or later', and 'The amount of pension' headings 'know' ie calculate on me not yet having completed the 5 year RoS? IE are these BIS figures actually correct on the day and can be taken as an accurate face value amount, or are they 'pre'calculated on the fact that my current salary is fully pensionable due PA and therefore assumes that I complete the full 5 years in order to realise the PA 'benefits'? I am currently awaiting FPS and UK Veterans forecasts but I think the question still stands. Does the system effectively fwd calculate (assuming you/I complete the RoS or, does it give a true and accurate amount on the day?

Thanks for any/all help in advance. Big decision to make and need to fully understand how the figures are calculated.

Cheers.

On3and6