PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2021, 11:22
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi All, sorry to jump in but I have recently gone through the SOLI Transfer (State Of Licence Issue). The deadline on the UK CAA website to effect a transfer was 24/12/2020. I submitted on 22/12/2020. The CAA were very proactive and supportive.

Some things I learned along the way:

1. As of 01/01/2021 UK issued EASA Licences revert to 3rd Country Licences
2. The Brexit Trade Deal signed on 24/12/2020 has a mechanism in AVSAF-01 for mutual recognition of each others "Certificates" which in the definitions to the section include Flight Crew Licences. However, the text refers to "Annexes". The only "Annex" issued at the moment covers the mutual recognition of design certificates. It not clear whether there is a future intent to issue the missing Annexes..
3. In the SOLI process the applicant must relinquish the existing EASA Licence to take up the new one.
4. UK CAA will accept applications to issue a "National" Licence from applicants who previously held UK CAA EASA Licences from April 2021. The detail of how this will work they are going to publish on SKYWISE.

In my opinion, the CAA tried there very best to get mutual recognition but have been defeated by the political process.

DB