PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some truth about the ML incident
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2003, 13:47
Poox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some questions then.

The NAS allowed a VFR aircraft to be at the top of E with a partially non-working transponder
Was the transponder faulkty, or was it the TAAATS stuff up that has happened a couple of times to me. No clarification in snarek's post.

he realised that it was going to be VERY, VERY close … and took positive action.
Unless both snarek's information, the presss report and the Cessna pilots statements are complete fabrications, didn't the controller have both aircraft under control for more than 8 minutes??? How far away would the DJ have been then. I calculate about 40 nm from the Cessna (assuming direct tracks to the 'intercept' point). So that statement looks a little shaky unless backed with some facts.

400FT and less than 1 Nm ... and traffic not sighted til too late
Oh, and what about the VFR descent??? Obviously if this information is correct the DJ pilot had the Cessna in sight for quite a while before the RA. So this statement seems a tad over emotional.

all because NAS allows it
Well unless you have some evidence to support that I am going to have to stick with the 'nothing to do with NAS' crowd.

As someone has said, there is a lot of vitriole here, mostly directed at snarek because he dared to actually present some evidence rather than pure hearsay.

So come on people, put up or shut up.