PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 23:03
Northernstar

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Variable Load
Not nonsense, but a pragmatic approach until EASA enable some sort of reciprocity.

First problem is finding a UK based AME to conduct an EASA medical. As far as I know there is one in London that is approved ONLY by Austrocontrol , but EASA are insisting that the AMEs have to apply to each NAA to obtain individual approvals. The NAAs are not making things easy, e.g. I believe the Swedes are insisting that the AME speaks Swedish.

Second problem is that a UK licensed TRE is now not allowed to conduct a licence PC or Skills Test on an EASA licence holder.

Third problem is that a UK ATO can not conduct any ATO activity on an EASA licence holder e.g. initial Type Rating or Type Rating/IR renewal.

Perhaps Northernstar can explain how he would overcome these issues?
Well if you read my post again then you’ll see that clearly the operators themselves have found said solution to questions 2 and 3 where necessary especially if they have taken it upon themselves to encourage some to move state and even moved state for their own TRE’s. Indeed some have both U.K. and easa ATO’s, onshore U.K. ATO’s have begun the same. Medical as described can be done in U.K. and more AME’s will follow. Some EASA states are pragmatic.

My post was also calling HR nonsense as opposed to EASA or company ATO processes. But that may have been misinterpreted.