PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 21:13
Variable Load

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ApolloHeli
That's not true. I've spoken with that particular London-based AME, as well as with my own NAA's aeromedical section and they confirmed that despite the AME being approved by Austrocontrol (not my NAA), they are able to revalidate my EASA Class 1 medical in the UK. Yes it's a pain to travel from Aberdeen down to London, but I don't see why the medical would be a factor in Babcock's strange recruiting limitation.
I'm no expert on AME approvals, but what you have written goes against what is being said by the AME based in Peterculter. No doubt things will become clearer over time, but the fact that only one AME in the UK has managed to obtain EASA approval speaks volumes that this isn't straightforward.

For a business to have to travel it's pilots to London for a medical is an unnecessary expense and complication. If it can be avoided, why not avoid it?

As mentioned earlier, the medical complication is only one consideration. There are others. If their decision doesn't suit you as an individual, it doesn't mean their decision is incorrect.