PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 17:06
Variable Load

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Northernstar
I have read the same advert. Absolute HR nonsense given several of their pilots including management recently moved licences to EASA states. Indeed another North Sea operator encourage pilots to move to Sweden for their entire U.K. AOC operation and a third did the same for some of their U.K. training department.
Not nonsense, but a pragmatic approach until EASA enable some sort of reciprocity.

First problem is finding a UK based AME to conduct an EASA medical. As far as I know there is one in London that is approved ONLY by Austrocontrol , but EASA are insisting that the AMEs have to apply to each NAA to obtain individual approvals. The NAAs are not making things easy, e.g. I believe the Swedes are insisting that the AME speaks Swedish.

Second problem is that a UK licensed TRE is now not allowed to conduct a licence PC or Skills Test on an EASA licence holder.

Third problem is that a UK ATO can not conduct any ATO activity on an EASA licence holder e.g. initial Type Rating or Type Rating/IR renewal.

Perhaps Northernstar can explain how he would overcome these issues?