PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa Cargo B772 unreliable airspeed
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 12:27
Micky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tdracer

As far as I understand, this was an honest mistake. And it was their mistake. But just that a mistake. Why was that mistake made? That is the question. If they acted carelessly of course retraining and disciplinary action is necessary. But not sacking. There are many ways to do this. In Germany we have a "Abmahnung" bit like two strikes and out.
We are all proud of the safety culture we have in our Company. It is something that, even tough Management and employees have had tough battles over the last years, has always survived and been left untouched. I find it disgraceful to treat these guys and our safety culture like this. It just sets a really bad example. Wasn't there a loader who damage the cargo door on the DC-9 but Did not report this because he was scared of the consequences and the plane crashed or received serious damage because of this?
I just get the feeling that prior covid the reaction would have been different. Even when other technicians crippled the 747-200 or broke the nose wheel on the 747-400 nearly killing the push back driver nobody was fired.
It is just a bad management.