PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Intensive PPL
Thread: Intensive PPL
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 08:52
BobD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I obtained my PPL in 4 weeks at a school in Florida 10 years ago. The main reason I did it this way was my age, and that I didn't want to commit my weekends to the vagaries of the UK weather for up to twelve months. In the preceeding year, I did all of the exams I could, confirmed I could get a medical, and did half a dozen lessons in the UK. I got my licence in Florida, and I continue to learn to fly in the UK. On my return to the UK, I did another few lessons to get used to the USA/UK differences. I found I enjoyed the learning experience, so twelve months after my return, I carried on in the UK for my IMC.
On a practical level, one of the best things I did during the training was pal up with another couple of students I shared a house with, as we also shared our experiences. The School also allowed us to back seat on each others training, and it is amazing the amount you learn when you don't have to fly the aircraft at the same time. The 45 hours in my log book equated to at least double in my head.
To the OP, if you wish to follow a blow by blow account of my training ( and you are an insomniac), I have left my blog of it online at new Website