PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Using Rank on Retirement
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2021, 08:16
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Frau Doktor

Those that speak forms of German have the quaint way of showing possession by their wives using their titles.
Sitting on a remote stand I noticed a limo draw up at the aircraft steps and out popped one of the companies VIP ladies in all of her finery.
Head appeared around cockpit door “Captain you have Frau Doktor ###### the chancellor’s wife on board” so put down my coffee (China cup) and Blick newspaper, climbed out of seat and put on jacket and hat to greet the lady.
”Guten tag” and was treated to a look as though I was her husbands eastern block chauffeur which isn’t that far from the reality when I discovered that she was in cattle class.
Cheapskate who has used hubbies dubious title (business studies) to access VIP services and get a free upgrade on a shopping trip.
Obviously VIP services weren’t having any of it but put her just behind the divider so that she could see the business class so thought I would have a bit of fun. Walked down the cabin “Ahh Doktor I have kopf shmerz, can you give me something for it”.
The bemused look turned to worried as the penny sunk that this nutter was going to be in charge of the aircraft descending into her mountainous homeland.
Needless to say no VIP service to meet her the other end and we missed the mountains.