PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Some truth about the ML incident
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2003, 10:52
pesawat_terbang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The real sound of silence

Well well well

The anti-NAS brigade seem to be either clutching at straws, twisting the facts or being just plain insulting.

Sked

Having spoken to the crew of the DJ flight that is not the way it happened. Get your facts right.
I don't believe you. I think you made that up. Post the comments and we can check the transcripts and thus your veracity.

Capt Bloggs

This incident is ALL about NAS: had that airspace been C (as it was prior to 27/11) the cesspit would have been under radar control WELL before the mixup.
I don't think you are a Captain. If you were you would know that at over 100 nm ML there has been little change, in fact the aircraft was in contact well before the conflict and was under ATC control. So tell me exactly, how did NAS contribute.

Oh and your reference to 'paying the money', airspace is a public resource, it isn't there for the airlines. They like everyone else may be granted the priviledge of useing it.

This seems to me to be a simple ATC error from which the ATC Union has grown a bunch of really smelly conclusions. It is not the ATC service that should be criticised, it is the union and NAS detractors who have misused the incident to mislead the public. In outing the truth ATC have been harmed by the promulgated lies as has the reputation of those who cried wolf.

PT