PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME IR(H) training provider recommendations UK
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 22:17
gipsymagpie

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Some good advice there, but I'd be wary about focussing too much on getting airborne time.

Real aircraft are expensive, are subject to the weather, subject to slot time constraints at airfields, are sometimes not near the type of approach aid you want and they need fixing. The sim is pretty much guaranteed to work in any weather, can be repositioned, doesnt require you to sit with foggles on and, certainly with respect to the full motion FTD3 at Babcock, handles pretty much like the aircraft (you cannot say that for the fixed base ones, particularly at low speed). It's also got twin GTN750 which are a dream to use (no twiddly knobs). You'll get plenty of real aircraft time following the 40 hrs of sim time. I know where I'd put my money now if I'd not been constrained by the type I was already flying when I did mine. The stability and HMI of the EC135 makes it ideal as a SP IFR machine - the attitude hold is also much cleverer than the A109E or AS355.

But as ever you have got to do your research as you seem to be doing with the quotes you've already got. Keep working at it - good luck.