PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2021, 08:54
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by dr dre
The higher classification came from the outbreak being of the B117 mutation which has a higher risk of transmissibility, which is why all states applied restrictions on Queensland straight away. Normal protocols and classifications had to be altered to take into account the higher risk of exponential growth outpacing contact tracing ability, it’s a testament to the hotel worker who was infected that they limited their contact whilst working in a high risk job.

If you do a little bit of looking you’ll see there’s hard science behind these decisions, it isn’t all a conspiracy.
They have had about 14 days to amend the website! not very hard.

Very little science - distance and population density are a key factor - and truth is there was no real community transmittions of that strain even though the ground zero case used public transport. The only community case was her partner.

Got some science for that 70% more contagious variant or just luck?

Actual fact in Australia by science is it is less transmittable here, or am I missing the science on that?

Up to 5 days infectious in the community and all.

The numbers and rates of this virus are weird across the World but the stats within countries are pretty consistent after around 6 months after the first cases/second waves. They can be both good and bad and many countries (I have visited or lived) are pretty honest on such things. But the stats are way off what I expected.