PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit
Thread: Brexit
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2021, 13:21
hueyracer

Originally Posted by Same again
In practical terms - I have just been informed by an EU based operator that they cannot offer me a contract until I have converted my (now) UK ATPL(H) to an EASA licence. I think many of us had assumed (never a good idea) that there would be some form of mutual recognition. It seems that recognition is only one-way at the moment and that EASA licensed pilots can fly G reg for another 2 years but UK pilots cannot fly EASA reg from 1st January (quelle surprise!). Maybe a I should try the European Court of Justice ;-)

You are confusing two things here:

One is the agreement between two authorities; the other the reaction of one company...

See it from the company pov:
They hire you with your UK license, then EASA decided that UK licenses are not EASA licenses, and hence UK licensed pilots cannot fly EASA registered machines.
Now the company had already invested money in your hiring process and training.....and they will need to lay you off, and start looking for another candidate...

Would you go that route-or would you rather hire an EASA licensed pilot from the getgo?