PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 22nd Jan 2021, 07:38
Pif Paf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SMT Member - this sloppy PCR testing you talk about and counterfeit PCR tests / fake PCR certificates is not new and you cannot just point the finger at Dubai ! It’s een a problem in worldwide.

Many have gone to get PCR tests at decent hospitals only to later find the facility they used was not “approved” by the airline or country they are visiting - you can see stories on several news feeds.
Many travelers also try to save money / get around the hassle of the tests by getting fake certificates. These fakes then have to be picked up by the staff at check in. How check in staff can be relied on and be responsible for checking these certificates is quite amazing! They do a great job but can’t spot 100%

Other travelers try to by pass the rules. An example - a traveler from sub continent (with Aussie passport) tries to get to Aus without quarantine! Impossible but he tried, by booking a ticket to New Zealand, then with his Aussie passport immediately transiting on another local flight to aus from nz! No quarantine traveling between aus and nz! This was picked up by ground staff and he was offloaded and told if he wanted to go to Aus he would have to book a direct flight!

My point in all of this is don’t just try to blame Dubai and it’s not all EKs fault!
The staff at EK try their best in challenging times and 9 times out of ten get it right. We try to get 10/10 but nobody’s perfect.

PS and as for Dubai I feel safer here than I do in most other countries. Yes there’s COVID everywhere in the world, yes I fly everywhere and quarantine everywhere I go, locked in hotel rooms is the new norm. However it’s the way individuals deal with COVID that is important.
Don't blame a place or an airline for some individuals stupidity