PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - much of world reopening in March 2021
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2021, 21:16
jonkster

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailvi767
Keep in mind that the number of excess deaths is not all covid. People are skipping normal preventive medical care and in some locations most elective medical procedures were stopped. In addition mental health issues have led to a increase in suicide. Another thing is that the flu season is non existent! In the US hospitals get additional funds for covid patients but not for flu patients. Virtually no flu deaths. Perhaps some are being miss categorized!
so you are saying the reason that ICUs are overflowing with people suffering acute respiratory distress, hospitals are running short of oxygen and they are parking freezer trucks for dead bodies outside hospitals in a country that regularly describes itself as having the most advanced health care capability in the world, is because: it is the flu, that there is a higher number of suicides and because people aren't having elective procedures or are skipping regular health checks and the alternative explanation (that there is a viral infection that has traveled world wide) is all a huge conspiracy by the world's media, hospital administrators across the globe and most of the world's politicians and most nations health authorities for some unspecified (but I assume nefarious) reason. Is that correct?

A world wide viral infection seems way more believable to me. Maybe I am just gullible though .

Or you are trolling in which case well played, 'cause I bit.