PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2021, 12:42
McLimit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The effect of the vaccine on reducing serious illness, death and the strain on the health system in Israel, which is the real purpose of the vaccine, should start to be seen by the end of the week according to the article. If the trial results are replicated in real life then it should have a significant effect.
The vaccine is only 'reducing serious illness, death and strain on the health system?'

The vaccine doesn't eliminate the virus?

So, the State/s in Australia that have stated their policy is virus elimination or haven't stated that is their policy but it really is, WILL NEVER, EVER open their borders??

If that is the case, if I were NSW (for they appear to be the only State in Australia behaving rationally), at commencement of immunisation I would immediately close borders to all Australian States that are persuing the 'eliminate' policy. I would then commence negotiations with every vaccinated country and territory in the rest of the world for a resumption of travel and all that goes along with it. Trade, Tourism, Business, Family Reunion, Sporting Events, Conventions..............LIFE................