PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2021, 10:09
ATNotts

Received 277 Likes on 154 Posts
But how do you prevent it? Are BUPA, for example, going to be prevented from going along to "Mr. Pfizer" and offering a price that they couldn't refuse for 1 million doses; and would HM Government have the nerve to ban BUPA from importing and selling the stuff in UK? Same for the AZ product, though importing wouldn't figure in that transaction necessarily. AZ have said that they're not going to flog their Covid-19 product for profit, but business is business, and I have a feeling corporate greed would trump corporate ethics; it generally does.

I personally feel that vaccine certificates should be provided to every who is vaccinated, and that people who choose not to take the vaccination when it's offered should expect to suffer in terms of perhaps not being allowed into various countries without quarantine. I'd bet my bottom Dollar that Australia and New Zealand will follow just such a policy and when they reopen to inbound tourism, and it will be in the interests of the travel industry to lobby to allow their potential customers to buy a vaccination, and thus obtain the required certificate, abhorrent as that might be in some circles.