PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New book about Thomas Cook - Pulling Wings from Butterflies
Old 20th Jan 2021, 02:36
Youmightsaythat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the support guys!

Thank you for your kind comments about the book but, in the words of Bachman–Turner Overdrive 'You Aint Seen Nothing Yet'.

The reason I split the book into three is I wanted the 'non' aviation population to get a good grounding of the aviation business. I wanted them to really see what lies behind their £20 return to Malaga. I wanted to highlight the effort, the money and commitment we all exert to become pilots, to only become indentured slaves to a group of 'barrow boy' management types not fit to run a bath never mind an airline. What the next two in the series reveal is, they are not actually the real villains. It is the union BALPA and the CAA. The head of the BALPA NEC has already attempted to claim on a public forum that the details in the book was a 'nice history rewrite'. The senior BALPA figure making that comment has a bit of a problem. He made the comment before the release of the book. Whoops. The sad reality is, I expected nothing less.

Those very few who have already had access to the other two volumes (currently being edited) are appalled at the politics, collusion and coverup at the union and CAA and an independent investigation company. Indeed one does not need to look far to see the 'influence' of the 'good old boy' network. Anyone else wondering why this thread was shifted to this backwater? One poster on here claims 'well I was never asked to do anything illegal'. I would therefore suggest he stands alone in that particular 'ven diagram'. Indeed Hutchings, Scadeng and Thorington, on oath also claim the FDP was legal... I won't spoil the surprise for you.

A few have suggested the only reason for writing the book is to 'cash in'. I strongly suspect those making such comments (always anonymously of course) are exactly the same type who would sell their grannies for a day off payment.

No, as a few of you have already alluded to, and the comments in the reviews on Amazon highlight, the real reason is to finally expose exactly the state of the airline industry and name those who are behind this cancerous culture that now infects the union and regulator. With the industry in the state it is in, is there any better time to cut out the deadwood and, well you know, just follow laws already in place.

I have been inundated with messages from pilots and cabin crew all highlighting their own dealings with the current crop of Dunning Kruger managers, union and CAA officials.

The ONLY way things will change is either via a high profile crash (Tombstone Safety) or the real dirty secrets being given a wide as possible public audience. That is the reason for writing the series.

The facts are in the book (I spent £1000's on legal advice on what I could and could say) Every single item is backed up by evidence presented to two judges. Would a Superior Court Judge really write the foreword if there was any doubt as to its legitimacy?

So please spread the word, use the book as a rallying point to actually make a change. Write to the CAA, post on BALPA, hassle your MP. Otherwise, as Judge George W King writes in the foreword its just another example of 'From the safest places come the bravest words'.

Again guys, thank you for the support.