PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2021, 06:05
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never said it will disappear but it will become more constrained for various reasons including lingering Covid that will last years in many parts of the world in high numbers. If anyone thinks long haul is going to bounce back anytime soon it isn’t going to happen. Already Australia has said it will keep its borders closed for 2021.

Germany are now reporting a brand new mutant strain so I wouldn’t be booking that summer holiday just yet as we know how the Germans also like their summer holidays on the Med. There are bound to be other strains coming along in the coming months so there is no certainty as to when we will be set free again to travel the world although I hope for the best.

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-01-1...66I/index.html

The southern German town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen announced Monday that a new coronavirus variant has been found in samples collected from confirmed COVID-19 patients.

The mutated variant is different from any variant known to date. It was discovered in an outbreak of cluster infections in a local clinic, where 73 patients and staff were reported to have been infected. The new variant was found in samples from 35 of them.

Last edited by LTNman; 19th Jan 2021 at 09:08.