PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 19th Jan 2021, 05:25
A30_737_AEWC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you, Glen.

What you've described absolutely aligns with the kind of expectations I had from Defence/Commercial Industry engineering/maintenance organisations under the ADF system of airworthiness/safety management. It's about sticking to the underpinning principles first in my book, then ethical behaviours.

Apologies if my question seemed a bit personal and abrupt. I asked the question as I was curious if CASA challenged you on the assessment as CEO & HOO. Clearly they hadn't.

I have my own opinion of the chap who sent you that email and I may have hinted at it in a previous post. Clueless and totally reliant on his previous experience which he must have thought would acquit him in the role he had in CASA. Only it didn't.

But their complete failure to follow any kind of documented processes (allowing transparency and good governance) in the initial email action is beyond obscene IMO. I've suffered a similar outcome (different context) in another aviation environment with 'a couple of his kind'. After 6 years (and coupled with a couple of other significant life events outside of my control), I'm only coming back to being reasonably functional in the last 6 months. Doing it alone is difficult and reaching out when you need to (or even when you don't) is the imperative.

My best wishes to you Glen.

A30_737_AEWC