PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Airspeed Unreliable?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2021, 10:14
Dark Stanley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The instructor said that if Boeing found the gear that important they would have made it a separate memory item, which is fair enough. But when I asked/said that the values given in the QRH are only valid for gear up, and without asking for gear up I was also not flying the procedure, his response was that I was being a smartass and I should listen to him.

The memory items for a V1 cut with fire or severe damage don’t include an item for gear up either. But it’s covered in the emergency brief much the same as gear coming up is covered in the go around. Sounds like a very egotistical examiner, still around unfortunately and even more surprising they seem to be the younger ones.

Agree that it’s not a good idea to make up you’re own procedures, but it’s still a good idea to have some contingencies ready. The scenario of birds on approach taking out a radome and pitot could potentially also take out an engine. So you now have one engine and no reliable airspeed.Now Try going around with gear down and 10/80 set....