PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 18th Jan 2021, 05:36
Brian Pern

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keenanj01

My understanding is this, the UK is now classed as a third party state, ICAO License, which means you have to take the ATPL Exams again if you want a CPL/IR, Skill test etc. There is a lot of information out there, this is off the EASA website:

I am a holder of a UK issued ATPL and would like to convert that license into a license from an EASA Member State. How should I proceed?

Your UK issued ATPL license will no longer be valid to operate an aircraft registered in an EASA Member State as of January 1, 2021. Unless you were able to transfer that license to an EASA Member State before January 1, 2021, you will need to convert it into an EU license in accordance with Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) No 2020/723. You can apply for that conversion to any of the EASA Member State competent authorities.

https://www.easa.europa.eu/the-agenc...and-licensing-

Now Ryanair have for many years have required all pilots to hold a IAA License, it makes the paperwork a lot easier.

I hate to say this son, but you have had a lot of advance notice to change your license, you are limiting your options severely.

Best of luck