PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Continuing ATPLs with UK CAA after starting with Austro
Old 17th Jan 2021, 19:30
jr6565

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continuing ATPLs with UK CAA after starting with Austro

Hi, I've just got a couple of questions regarding my ATPLs. I did a sitting with Austro Control last year and since the then I've decided against going for an EASA licence, I'm quite happy with a CAA one, so I'm planning on doing my remaining exams with the CAA. As I understand it, the CAA have said they'll accept non-UK, EASA exams for the issue of a licence until the end of 2022, providing they were sat before the end of 2020.

Does anyone know how I go about getting the CAA to recognise the existing exam passes? Do I need to do anything now, or is it just when I'm applying for a licence?

Also, the condition about it being for the issue of a licence up until the end of 2022... what happens if I get my CPL/MEIR before the end of 2022, but at some point down the road after that, I want to do an FI rating? That would require ATPL passes but if it was after the end of 2022, would my Austrian passes be worthless? The same question applies for any other licence or rating that requires ATPL passes, or unfreezing the ATPL itself, surely in applying for a full ATPL when you have the relevant experience and have done the skills test, they require proof of your exams, and given that that will be long after 2022 for me, won't my exam passes be inadequate by then?

Basically I'm wondering if I should just redo all my exams with the UK CAA to stay on the safe side, it would be annoying, but far less annoying than having to do all the exams again in a few years.

I know this might not be known by anyone at this stage but if anyone has any useful input it'd be appreciated.