PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Jan 2021, 11:58
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by highwideandugly

Teesside airport apart from the heady days of Globespan and tourist boom...has never had a market for schedules,or really much else.
!
You really don't know your history or aviation!
With this argument you could say Southend shouldn't have anything.

With regard to a commercial agreement, the Mayor may be technically correct in saying that they pay nothing to Eastern but if Eastern have a 'unbelievable' deal how long can the airport sustain the terms of that deal. Also Logan would be entitled to request the same. My personal belief is Logam have been encouraged to effectively break that 'unbelievable' deal with Eastern. Meaning the terms are good but not as good before and you'll end up with one on each route on lesser terms than Eastern originally had.

I'm not entirely sure why people are going 'nuts' over this. As some have said COVID has and will change habits. ALL airports will suffer consequences.
I actually think Teesside is better placed to ride out the storm than say LBA or NCL in that they have a diverse commercial base, they were starting from a relatively low position so any new routes will be a plus rather than replacing what was there. Teesside hasnt really lost routes!

The mayor is investing which says alot to the locals and the companies you re trying to attract.

On the Mayors money as far as I can tell the airport is still on track, even an independent report states this. Now that may change if COVID drags on or the recovery in aviation is slower than anticipated. Remember most of the route at Teesside will be UK so less need for COVID testing and proof. So in theory that should help.

Let's stop bitching and moaning about money it's been allocated and the mayor is doing what he promised.
Let's not worry to much about routes etc as until we have some normality no one really has an idea and i include airlines and the airport in that.
Why cant you look at the positives. The airport hasnt folded in what surely would of finished it off under Peel. They are investing and employing companies/people to help with refurbishment of the terminal. They are engaging with the locals which is giving them some hope, confidence and something to look forward too in the future.

Teesside airport is still providing vital services in a local and national environment.
Constructive criticism is fine but outright moaning is boring!