PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 Max Recertification Testing - Finally.
Old 17th Jan 2021, 10:56
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPHD75

Yes of course it is the same individual. Ms. Kennedy served for a little more than three years as the United States Ambassador to Japan. She has a law degree from Columbia University in New York, is an editor of several books and co-author or author of others. I don't know what her political acumen might be, or in what political calculus Ms. Kennedy might have been way off course.

As a public figure, I would guess she possesses a pretty thick skin against cheap shots, as those come with the territory.

I don't say any of this because I think her board service at Boeing was beneficial - no one thinks that. It's just that I don't want my callsign associated with a personal attack on anybody's intellect which is completely unfounded as far as I know -- even if you might happen to have closer, and unfavorable, information.

Maybe the daughter of the late president has some other career move in mind. Maybe the incoming White House administration, and its altogether unconventional nominee for Sec. of Transportation, have some real "shake-'em-up" moves in mind to kick Boeing into a higher, and better, gear. I don't know.

Last edited by WillowRun 6-3; 17th Jan 2021 at 10:59. Reason: correction, length of service as US Amb, Japan