PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Electronic Pilot Logbook
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2021, 09:34
Airbrake

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts
Buyer Beware

Like many others I bought a “Lifetime” subscription for MCC PILOT LOG. After less than 4 years of imports the programme is now completely useless and I am unable to download or import any past or future flights. The lifetime subscription was a complete scam and there will be other users whose “lifetime” subscription was significantly shorter than mine.

MCC highlights that the “lifetime” subscription is for the license only. The only problem is that the license is now linked to a completely useless piece of logbook software. That is very sharp practice and I would consider it a scam. I and many others paid for a lifetime “license” subscription to a piece of software that the developer new they were eventually going to leave unsupported causing it to be become useless for the purpose it was bought.

I have attempted to resolve the issue with MCC Crew Connect and after several emails they finally admitted that MCC PILOT LOG was no longer able to download or import data. I now have a “lifetime” subscription to a useless piece of logbook software.

MCC help desk stated that I had “Grandfather rights” to their new software. This initially sounded promising but it quickly became apparent that these “Grandfather rights” required another upfront payment of 3 years subscriptions...... what a rip off!!

I would strongly advise anybody looking for a long term logbook program to do their home work and avoid Crew Connect/lounge.

If I hear anything else I will update you, but don’t hold your breath.

Last edited by Airbrake; 16th Jan 2021 at 11:11.