PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK suspending flights from East Coast Oz
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2021, 09:34
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Lamination
So many half truths in this post:
1. "The only airline that has the capability and enforces the strictest quarantine regime under the guidance of Australian state and federal authorities is QANTAS" UNTRUE, CX and SQ have been stricter than QANTAS for the last 9 months, confining their crews to their rooms 24/7 in Australia and most other places on pain of being fired. In some ports where no room service is provided they can go as far as the lobby to pick up deliveries - only if the hotel won't bring it to the door. They were also wearing masks inflight before QF

2. "Our government would rather put subsidised state owned airlines ahead of its own national airline in order to save a few bucks". UNTRUE. QF has vacated the field since March and while ME carriers are state owned CX,Delta, American and JAL to name a some are not state owned. All have received some sort of COVID financial assistance direct or indirect - so has QF.

3."For the journos that read this forum.
Qantas crew that fly internationally are required to remain in their room whilst overseas. That is upon leaving the aircraft they travel directly to the hotel, close their room door and don’t leave their room until reporting for the next flight". TRUE - join the club, to my certain knowledge SQ and CX have been doing this for 9 months now. These airlines COVID test all crew after every return to home base and have been for many months. Australia started this only last week. These two airlines have brought zero COVID positive crew to Australia.

4."The Federal Government needs to step up and ensure that our citizens are repatriated ASAP. It’s a legal requirement to do so btw" TRUE - we are in agreement.
And your point is?
Australians should be looking after Australians not some other State’s subsidised airline entity in times like these. You may want to argue the minutiae but the cold fact remains that Qantas has the capability yet has been ignored by the Liberal Government hell bent on saving a few dollars. Those dollars incidentally leave the shores of Australia for good to help prop up airlines that are state run and financed.

The likes of the ME3 and Singapore will become sidelined by the the A350-1000 and the 787 for Australians wanting to travel internationally to Europe in particular and they know it and are trying to hold onto market share no matter what. Unlike Qantas none of the airlines I’ve mentioned could survive in an open market without significant government backing.

What the f*ck is wrong with apathetic Australians whom can’t see these pariahs for what they are. Opportunists that distort the aviation market with government cash whilst Qantas staff languish on jobkeeper. What a joke. Liberal party hang your head in shame.