PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2021, 03:16
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
The tennis players are here because of a long standing agreement and three months of very detailed planning (I was advised by someone who has a part in it) and a comprehensive organisational plan. When each Victorian can provide the same undertakings and level of detail, they can get special treatment too.

Having said that, I'm not certain that the tennis crew will abide by the undertakings.

Some of you still don't understand that this is a dynamic situation that changes hour by hour. Of course its not fair, life isn't fair. If you are in the wrong place at the wrong time you will cop it.

The moral of the story is don't travel unless you have to, have backup plans, listen to the news hourly and be prepared to move fast.

As an example, I was told last night about someones kids with grandkids on a beach holiday in Queensland or NSW, not sure which, their parents literally threw everything into the car, grabbed their kids off the beach, not even stopping to change them out of their sandy wet bathers, and made it back across the Victorian border just in time.

I am also aware of various mine workers who claim to have driven parts of the Newell at 180 KMH to beat border closure deadlines. They are now "Locked in" at their mines apparently for another month because the company wont accept FIFO workers from BNE or SYD.

Stamping your little foot and crying "its not fair" is not a useful response to the pandemic. Another covid mutation has happened in Brazil and Europe (Britain?) has just banned all travellers from South America as a result.