PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 14th Jan 2021, 13:11
Sheikh Your Bootie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Some if "recalled" will undoubtedly return, in the current job market. Some will never want to return, given the lousy treatment dished out to redundant employees. Many will get pressure from their other halves, to not return. EK seems to have the attitude, that we will all flood back on our knees. No we won't.

From day 1 of redundancy, no communication from upper management or indeed those lower down the food chain, nothing. No comms regards, we will recall you when the business needs you. Unlike other companies, that I know also had to make people redundant, but have kept those people made redundant in the loop, via Teams meetings and the like, should they wish to logon.

I wish and hope TCs dreams and prophecies come true, but I really do wonder, having pissed off so many staff, that will be achieved. Yes, they can hire newbies, but that creates a HUGE training footprint. Good luck with that!