PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revalidation of a CLASS 2 Medical EASA in a different country
Old 13th Jan 2021, 04:07
grusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am one of at least 4 UK issued EASA PPLs living and flying in Thailand. There are no EASA AMEs here: normally I go to one of Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur or Singapore for my medical, never any problems, until Covid of course. We have all taken advantage of all the Covid extensions available, but these have run out and we are grounded. Neither the CAA nor the CAAT will give any concessions. We cannot leave the country without quarantine issues, and the process of getting back involves compulsory and expensive state quarantine, insurance, testing, permits and g knows what else..not worth the hassle!

Now my SEP rating is also expired, no EASA examiners PR instructors here (not true, there is one, but he is only rated for A320s and CAA won't accept him for SEP!) and same arguments apply to travel. A Thai ppl involves minimum 60 hours of instruction in an expensive hired aircraft, and pass all the exams, plus test flight etc etc - not economically viable, as no allowance made for my 2000+ hours or currency. Not even bribery works, the schools want their screw!

So in short, in normal times the answer to your question is, easy least to get your medical, just look up the list of AMEs and book an appointment. Now.......its probably a different story, depending where you live.