PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPAS News 2021
Thread: NPAS News 2021
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2021, 19:29
MightyGem

Received 75 Likes on 30 Posts
I don't know if any of you ventured beyond Bryn's comments in January's PAN. I didn't initially until my attention was drawn to an article by David Howell who served as(I think) the UEO of Central Counties ASU and Base Manager for the Met. I think he may be here on PPrune as well. Here are a few quotes to whet your appetite.

http://www.policeaviationnews.com/Ac...anuary2021.pdf
The decision to move the Lippitts Hill base was made several years ago, but why was it made? It was made by a Chief Operating Officer who was intent solely on removing any organisational influence from The Met and was based on personal biases created over many years, some of which were actually spent working within the Met itself.
There was also an unhealthy desire for the then Chief Operating Of- ficer of NPAS to succeed, having failed the Senior Police National Assessment Centre (PNAC).
I for one went through several sessions of counselling to get over a 2 hour ‘non-disciplinary and welfare’ meeting after I dared to question and suggest an alternative plan to his non-sensical restructuring of base managers’ duties.