PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "WHO's WHO": What do you fly? Where?
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2003, 18:52
bigruss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As requested I submit the story of my miserable life Heliport, hope you all don’t bore easily.

a/What type of flying work do you do?
Nearly all Mustering, general Airwork, have an ag rating and did a bit of spraying, used to do a lot of work with geologists, stream sampling and so on, done a bit of hook work. Have done quite a bit of mustering training and low level training, no instructor rating but was an approved pilot for those duties.

b/What types(s) do you fly?
R22, R44

c/Where?
Northern Australia

d/Previous jobs?
Stockman, Head stockman, Station Manager, Line Pilot, Senior Pilot, Chief pilot of 3 different flying operations. Check and Training approval. Mustering and Low level Training approval.

e/Previous types?
Rotary B47, H300. Fixed wing PA18, PA28, C172, C182, C206

f/Military / ex-Military? (Which? What types?)
No Mil

g/How long have you been flying?
Got fixed wing in 1981, Rotary in 1984

h/How many hours?
14,000+, probably 12,000 on R22

i/Most memorable Flight
Here is a few ,
1/ The day I mustered 7,000 head of cattle and blocked them up on a water under control. (the stockmen out there would understand this)
2/ Mustering on a still, cool morning in a half loaded R22, poetry.
3/ Playing around the first one of a row of Morning Glories, our gulf roll clouds. The first one usually looks like a snow bank and the base can be 50ft off the ground and go up to 3000 ft high but can be quite calm to maneuver around. A fantastic sight, one of the wonders of the world.

I love my flying work mustering and wish I was better able to pass on the soul and beauty of the good things i see in the life I lead.

Clear skies guys

Last edited by bigruss; 10th Dec 2003 at 10:00.