PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 10th Jan 2021, 02:47
galdian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Keg
No and yes.

I’m not sure any of us within Qantas expect to be flying passengers on 1 July. Whatever reasons they’ve used to decide to start selling tickets, actually flying passengers is likely to be lower on the priority list. Perhaps it’s to gauge demand. Perhaps it’s to get a few $$$ in the bank to assist with the ramp up. It’s certainly easier to tell people ‘the government said no, care to slide your booking’ than get bookings for flying in a month’s time when the borders finally open on bugger all notice.

So it’ll be the same in the lead up to 1 July as it is at the moment then?
I'm assuming to ramp up then people currently with second/third employers will have to chuck that in - will those employers take them back again?
Similarly depending on how Australia's travelling economy wise - what's going to be available regards (if any) jobkeeper etc?

If AJ is working on a serious intent and belief that International WILL substantially resume July 1st - time will tell, I'd disagree but hope to hell he's got it right.
If he's just going fishing/floating some ideas - could be a lot of unhappy QF boys and girls left in difficult positions.

But all that is somewhat irrelevant - it won't be AJ's decision whether QF International flies again July 1st it'll be the Feds.
Blame the Feds - first line of attack BUT if AJ's plans were based on blatently over optimistic or downright ludicrous assumptions then even his delightful Irish brogue won't save him from some, maybe many.