PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 7th Jan 2021, 14:47
Heavy Metal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LostWanderer
It would be wonderful news if they can roll this out on the timeline announced and we can all get back to work again. The US also had a plan to vaccinate huge numbers in a short time frame, last I read at the rate it is actually going at now, it would take them about decade to vaccinate most of the country. I'm sure the Australian roll out plan will be smooth as silk though...
If it is to be mostly the Astrazeneca vaccine for Australia, and it is widely available from CSL at refrigerator temperature(-2deg C), can't see why vaccinating the entire country in short order would be much of a big deal at all. I didn't see any queues whilst as many as 18 million people received the flu jab, last year.

27 May 2020
"An additional two million flu vaccines will be available from this week bringing the total number available in 2020 to a record 18 million.This is up from 13.2 million flu vaccines in 2019, 11 million in 2018 and almost 10 million more than the 8.3 million flu vaccines provided in 2017.".
https://www.health.gov.au/ministers/...ct-australians