PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ownership in UK Worth It?
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2021, 14:39
S-Works

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
Just a shame that some of the other detail the CAA told you one thing, and me another - but we got there (and for the OP, Steve's an enjoyable instructor and examiner to fly with, he would be worth contacting.)

One issue, incidentally that S-works and I had, when I converted my FAA to a UK / EASA IR last year was that CAA had previously required an FAA IPC within the previous 12 months, irrespective of your FAA recency. Between me shelling out for an IPC and doing my IRT with Steve, CAA amended the examiners handbook removing that requirement so only a current FAA IR was needed. In theory therefore I wasted a lot of money, however (apart from the fact that it was usual practice anyhow) they clearly had never told the licencing staff at Gatwick that, as they required evidence of my most recent FAA IPC as part of the application.

G
We are still getting different answer if we talk to two different people. The CAA has becomes a shambles. The next shambles is going to be over turning all the national licences they issued for people who had SOLId and requiring them to apply again for UK.FCL licence based on the SOLI licence. We couldn't make this stuff up!!!