PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HMS Daedalus development
View Single Post
Old 7th Jan 2021, 14:20
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
HMS Daedalus development

Hi All, came across this https://www.raytheonintelligenceands...ining-facility which was interesting and led me to delve a bit. A quick check of Google Earth shows how the Eastern edge of the Airfield has changed since 2012 onwards.

Remember being "done" for not reporting a padlock undone on one of the old hangars over there when on Night Rounds as a Sprog in the late 70's. When, at Cdrs Table, my DO was asked to provide mitigation it was explained that, since the entire rear wall of the hangar was missing as it was being replaced by some contractors, as had been explained to the Reggies, I'd felt it pointless to generate paperwork reporting that one of the side personnel doors was unlocked. However, if I were to be Charged with not reporting a hangar wall missing, I'd happily plead guilty. Now, that last bit was news to me - but I had complete trust in that my DO knew what he was saying!

Cue self and DO being immediately dismissed by the Cdr - all while the Cdr was staring pointedly at the Reggie who'd read out the initial Charge! The Reggie was clearly most annoyed I'd been let off ..... but was clearly totally oblivious to the huge broadside bo11ocking that was about to be fired at him by the Cdr for wasting a Senior Officer's valuable time! Sadly, my DO banned me from listening at the key-hole after we'd left the room!!!!

Happy daze!!!!! H 'n' H