PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lifeline for the A380?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2021, 21:34
Mr Mac

Received 150 Likes on 93 Posts
SpringHeeledJack
The 777 is a bit like a pick up truck ie rugged, but noisy I find, and the air circulation is not great in comparison with the Airbus products. Those BA ones at Gatwick as you say are cramped, although I have only flown on that fleet once some years ago. The 787 as PAXboy says disappoints with its window blinds, and also as I flew on them a bit with ANA, who were a launch partner, they had some tech issues, and there is the battery issue which is always in the back of the mind, especially when out over the bigger oceans. They have not yet had a big prang with 787, but I am a little unsure about new Boeing products in general at the moment due to the engineering issues v accountancy led short cuts, which have occurred. Just to balance things re Airbus, the A330 is not a plane I like flying that much, as I used to spend a bit of time on EK ones before they moved more to 777 on the routes I used, and the seats in Business were not as good as the 777. The A340 had also had issues with seats on some carriers, but generally I quite liked it.

As in all things the actual airline can make a big difference in the seats and make up they chose, and the class you fly (luckily Business in my case), and indeed the service provided by their staff, and I take equal care in choosing them as well. Hope that help explains things from my point of view.